Thursday, December 9, 2010

Underwater Watercolor

I have been meaning to post some of the lessons I've done with older grades.  I have some more to come very soon too- I promise!
This project is courtesy of Janet A., a high school art teacher.  I taught a middle school watercolor class this summer and needed some project ideas because it had been a while since I've taught watercolor!


Janet suggested showing the students how to use flat brushes dipped in multiple colors and twistin back and forth to create seaweed.  After we painted blue washes we used brushes dipped half in a light green and half in a dark green to create dragged, twisting seaweed.

The next part of the project challenged the students to do more careful, detailed painting when it was time to add the fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment