Monday, February 28, 2011

Some fun things!

I haven't had a chance to post because I've been a bit busy tying up my February vacation and getting back to school!

To my surprise last week I received a Stylist Blogger award from CHRISTIE at Fine Lines! Thanks Christie!
I will post back with my 'about me' and blogs to pass you on to asap.
On other high notes-
I hit 50 followers (which may be a small deal to some of you bigger bloggers but is a big deal to me!). So thanks to all of you for checking out Color and Collage! ...I'm almost to 10,000 hits as well.... exciting! ;)

Last week I taught a 4th & 5th grade printmaking class at the Danforth Museum of Art. It was great- and I showed the kids how to use a real press. So fun for them! They're collagraphs came out beautiful!





Lots of great new projects to post later this week! Stay tuned!!

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to take credit for giving you the blog award, but I figured you should know that it wasn't me; Fine Lines is Christie's blog. (My blog is There's a Dragon in my Art Room.) But I do like your blog too, and congrats on hitting 50! I just reached 175, and it's been just about a year since I started it. It will grow fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel - That printing press looks pretty impressive. I like the results. And yes, the blog award came your way from me. (Thanks, for catching that, Phyl!) I look forward to seeing your new work!!
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so embarrassed! I knew I was too sleepy to write that last night- my apologies! Thanks Christie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great prints. Do you have a press? I have a slab roller but I think I'm going to try to turn it into a press. Well see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I taught this collagraph lesson at the Danforth Museum of Art school. So I did use a press there. However I do not have a press at school.
    The kids were really empowered by learning how the big press works.

    ReplyDelete